To Stay Young
My wife and I thought this message was most appropriate. Hugs to all, from Esther and Dick Provencher.
1. Try everything twice. (have on your tombstone:Tried everything twice...loved it both times!)
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches;)
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.
6 The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. God is your refuge, fortress, strong tower.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help and ask Him to make it whole.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is. It's given freely by the devil, so don't make room for that evil!
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity as it's God's greatest commandment.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
And if you don't send this to at least 4 people - who cares! But do share this with someone who needs to know you're thinking about them.
Lost time can never be found!
to this Article/Story or leave YOUR comment
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Richard L. Provencher is from Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec. Government and Volunteer work combine with a love of Nature to form the basis of his writing. Richard has stories in print and online with Tooter4Kids, Grand Reflections, Expressions of Soul, Preservation Foundation, Subtle Tea, Brady Magazine, and Cold Glass. Richard and his wife, Esther live in Truro, Nova Scotia. They have four children and five grandchildren. He has picture books seeking publication. firstname.lastname@example.org